Covid-19 Vaccine Corporation is a New Zealand biotechnology company developing the world’s first biobead Covid-19 vaccine using unique New Zealand technology. CVC’s approach includes augmenting and improving existing vaccine candidates to ensure better safety, wider immunity coverage and efficacy and improved cost efficiency for scalability and accessibility. If successful, the vaccine will be one of New Zealand’s most significant biotech breakthroughs with the potential to have a far-reaching global impact.
Authority PR has produced outstanding results for CVC since its partnership which have included navigating a complex and highly politicised pandemic environment, managing a diverse range of key stakeholders spanning numerous industries, while balancing biotech’s dynamic and rapidly evolving outcomes.
A snap shot of CVC’s successes include:
- Being featured positively in all major New Zealand news media
- Being the focus of specialist media and feature stories and long form articles
- Gaining traction with the public, high net worth investors and key government agencies
- Reinforcing CVC’s scientific credentials and promoting their lifelong biotech experts
- Promoting CVC’s local ingenuity and their unique New Zealand technology
- Highlighting the importance of a vaccine that gives a broad and strong immune response
- Cultivating sought-after relationships by achieving positive publicity outcomes for CVC’s strategic partners and stakeholders and their joint scientific programmes (Fonterra, Scion, Auckland University, Callaghan Innovation, Ardigen)
- Entered the market at a time when information about a Covid-19 vaccine or cure was lacking
- Rampant rumours, misinformation, conspiracy theories, and anti-science/anti-scientific sentiment propagated online
- Politicians and populist ideologists versus scientists and a science-based response
- Widespread lack of public discernment between fact from speculation
- Highly politicised environment and sensitivity surrounding various key public, private and NGO players
Strategy & Execution
Authority PR utilised a comprehensive approach including corporate public relations, stakeholder management, and marketing strategy and execution plan for best results. Working with CVC to mitigate real and perceived risks, Authority PR has achieved outstanding positive public relations outcomes for CVC. This has culminated in CVC’S appearance in numerous leading prime time television programmes and countless leading news media stories in New Zealand, significantly raising their profile and highlighting their scientific enterprise. By developing/building a carefully curated narrative, Authority PR has helped stablish CVC as a reputable and trusted scientific voice on issues pertaining to the Coronavirus, fostering a collaborative approach and avoiding criticism of other parties and partisanship. Authority PR and CVC’s special partnership has contributed to creating hope and stability and reducing fear and anxiety.